What is epclusa used for?
Velpanat, also known as “EPCLUSA®, Sofosvel, MyHep All, Hepcvel, Velasof” is a fixed dose combination medication for the treatment of adult patients with chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) genotype (GT) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 infections without cirrhosis or with compensated cirrhosis and in combination with ribavirin for those with decompensated cirrhosis. It combines Sofosbuvir 400mg and velpatasvir 100mg. It is more than 90% effective for hepatitis C. Sofosbuvir 400mg/Velpatasvir 100 mg’s brand name is EPCLUSA® by Gilead. Velpanat is a generic oncologic prescription medicine from Natco, which is one of the biggest pharmaceutical company in India.
How much does Epclusa cost?
Epclusa price in United States is 25217 USD per bottle. India generic Epcluda is only 278USD per bottle.
• Testing Prior to the Initiation of Therapy: Test all patients for HBV infection by measuring HBsAg and anti-HBc.
• Recommended dosage: One tablet (400 mg of sofosbuvir and 100 mg of velpatasvir) taken orally once daily with or without food.
• See recommended treatment regimen and duration in patients with genotypes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 HCV in table below:
1.Treatment-naïve and treatmentexperienceda , without cirrhosis and with compensated cirrhosis (Child-Pugh A) ：
EPCLUSA 12 weeks
2. Treatment-naïve and treatmentexperienceda , with decompensated cirrhosis (Child-Pugh B and C)
EPCLUSA + ribavirin 12 weeks
(In clinical trials, regimens contained peginterferon alfa/ribavirin with or without an HCV NS3/4A protease inhibitor (boceprevir, simeprevir, or telaprevir). ）
• HCV/HIV-1 coinfection: For patients with HCV/HIV-1 coinfection, follow the dosage recommendations in the table above.
• A dosage recommendation cannot be made for patients with severe renal impairment or end stage renal disease.